Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Things I need and don't need!

So how important are materialistic things? In the eternal aspect? Not much at all. But our lives here on earth are dependant on things - more or less, for better and for worse.
There are things that are necessary, things that are important, things that bring joy and  help us in our progress. But things can also bring us down a wrong path.
I get tired of too many things. I notice that when I feel there are too many things around me in the house, my energy drains and the Qi (chi) or life-source and vitality in my home seems a little off balance.
Why do I think about things today? Maybe because I have just spent the last 2 1/2 hours trying to find out about car repairs, insurance, towing, rental cars etc. etc. Yes, our car stopped on Tuesday last week and today the repair shop finally took the time to tell me what is wrong.
Things! A car is a thing - not important for my spiritual welfare, but nevertheless an important part of my everyday life. 
Funny thing about a car -I am amazed at how patient it is. It always sits and waits for me, no matter how long it might take. That's a good thing!
Today's water color is called "Late Spring". I love the dramatic colors, the heavy clouds, but light homestead.

No comments:

Post a Comment