Why? What does that mean? Having a dog is a lot of work. It's like having an exrra child in the house. It means taking care of it,
But it's so much more than that. A dog takes care of you.
- My dog gets me out of the chair.
- He reminds me that I need to take a break. I have to take him for walks several times a day, in any kind of weather.
- I feel loved and appreciated.
- I feel safe.
- He is a role model when it comes to napping.
- He comforts me when I'm sad. He does. He knows, and comes to make me feel better.
- He reminds me to play and never says no.
- It's a loving friend on days when I sit all alone with my words and story-in-the-making.
- He is an excellent friend and will take the time to listen, if I need to read my story out loud.
- He never criticizes my writing, but loves me for who I am.
I recently read an article called 8 Ways That Dogs Are Good For Your Mind, Body, And Soul
This article will back me up.
Having a dog is good for you. My life would be so much emptier without Hector the Wheaten Terrier, my good and loving friend.
Here are a few photos to show some of Hectors important jobs:
Protecting visiting munchkins.
Chrcking out the neighborhood every few hours.