Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Home at The Duck and Cherry

Our neighbor's chow-chow named Thai just passed by on the small road outside The Duck and Cherry. He is getting old, but going out he behaves like young dog, full of energy and excited. Coming home, I see our neighbor dragging him behind on the leash. He does not like to go home!
I like coming home! Home is the best place on earth. There are many sayings like: "Home is where the heart is" and Home sweet Home" and
Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz clicks her ruby slippers and says: "There's no place like home." I believe her.
We have moved a lot - and I always felt that if I could hang some of our paintings and pictures on the wall, and my family was there with me - then I was home - even if it meant living in the Far East, America, or Europe.
My mother was the heart of my childhood home. When she passed away, the house was never the same. The heart was gone.
Here are some quotes about home:
"It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home."  ~Author Unknown
"Where thou art - that - is Home."  ~Emily Dickinson
"There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."  ~Jane Austen
"Home is a shelter from storms - all sorts of storms."  ~William J. Bennett

"Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration."  ~Charles Dickens

2 comments:

  1. Så bra det er flere enn meg som elsker å komme hjem. Jeg likte så godt dette innlegget! Jeg føler virkelig at å være hjemme er best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg er så enig. Hjemmet er det man gjør det til, det kan være en trygg havn og en beskyttelse. Jeg har alltid vært glad i å være hjemme!

    ReplyDelete