Even though there have been times in my life when my smile was under pressure and needed a little more encouragement to surface, I usually have days with many smiles. I have even had someone tell me not to smile when he was was talking to me.
Who hasn't wrung their face, made goo-goo sounds, and jumped up and down just to experience the joy of a baby's smile? It's priceless and prescious. That little toothless mouth, chubby cheeks, and eyes that disappear into a thin concave line is happiness beyond description. The smiles of my children and my grandchildren have repaired me time and again.
About.com has a page with Healthy Aging tips with 10 good reasons to smile, saying smiling is a fun way to live longer.
(For more detail on each tip, please visit their page.)
1. Smiling Makes Us Attractive
2. Smiling Changes Our Mood
3. Smiling Is Contagious
4. Smiling Relieves Stress
5. Smiling Boosts Your Immune System
6. Smiling Lowers Your Blood Pressure
7. Smiling Releases Endorphins, Natural Pain Killers and Serotonin
8. Smiling Lifts the Face and Makes You Look Younger
9. Smiling Makes You Seem Successful
10. Smiling Helps You Stay Positive
The Dating Divas have fun sayings and posters to encourage healthy, happy relationships. You find them on Facebook and on their webpage http://www.thedatingdivas.com
Here are some of them:
"Thought you should know, I'm wearing the smile you gave me."
"I like when you smile, and I love to be the reason."