Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

The joyous queen of to-do-lists


I am a self-proclaimed queen of to-do-lists.
I actually enjoy staring at my lists of short- and longtermed projects, activities, chores and assignments.
Crossing off completed tasks brings joy, joy, joy!
Sometimes (read quite often) I jot down things I have already done. Why? Oh, it's very encouraging! Then I can look at my list and tell myself: "Heidi, you have really gotten a lot done today!"
It's very uplifting.
Today my list is full of preparations for the Holidays. All in all, the hours of the days before Christmas Eve will probably not cover the time all my scribbled necessary pre-Christmas chores will take.
Solution? I will write down some things on the lists that are just fun!
Man is that he may have joy! And I believe Christmas is especially a time to pick and choose fun things to do.
The dust bunnies will obviously have to hibernate.

Today's water color was painted in 2011 and is called "Winter Party".

No comments:

Post a Comment