Does every person need the same amount of hours dosing and dreaming every night or is it an individual thing?
Sleep like a baby? That's an expression to take to heart. How many of us can sleep like a baby, oblivious to everything around us, and just rest.
I am blessed with good sleeping rhythm. I am so grateful for that. I need my sleep. I don't function at all without it.Who can? I admire those who manage to stay friendly and get a grip of daily activities with a constant lack of sleep.
Still, when morning comes, My eyelids slowly open a narrow slit and let the morning light say hello. After a few minutes of calculating which day it is and giving thanks for another day, I stumble out of bed--aches and pains here and there--and start the regularity of morning. I have responsibilities, work, and chores that need to be fulfilled, no matter how clumsy my hands are and no matter how many walls I bump into. Besides sometimes I am totally tired from dreaming!
So today--even though this is not really my problem--I will share with you what not to do when Mr. Sandman peeks his head around the corner, but never dares to meet you eye to eye. (from About.com Today)
- · Eat a large meal or drink lots of fluids right before bed.
- · When you can’t sleep, just lie there and suffer.
- · Try to sleep somewhere that is too cold, too warm, or too noisy.
- · Take prolonged naps.
- · Use your bedroom as a stimulating multipurpose room.
- · Enjoy an alcoholic drink, cup of coffee, or cigarette just prior to bed (coming from someone who never drinks alcohol or coffee, nor smokes)
- · When you get busy, just sleep less.
- · Stay active until the moment you hop into bed.
- · Exercise before bed.
- · Vary your sleep time from one day to the next.
- · Don't feed cat before you go to bed (meows until you feed him).
- · Feed cat before you go to bed (barfs from highest spot in house).
- · Don't close lid to piano (at 2am, he'll walk across it playing the scariest death song ever).
Doesn't sound too hard, does it? Especially since we don't even have a cat.
Today's water color is a sleeping fairy. It always reminds me of Tiffany.