Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

After All, I like Keys

My goodness how frustrated I get when I rummage through my little purse in search of my keys. I have experimented with various ways to find them quicker, still I think too much time is wasted looking for keys.
And I put them in place every time I use them - every time, almost - so why do they hide in my purse. Are they too heavy? Are they too small? Do they need a huge key chain? Do they simply like to play hide-and-seek?

I have written about Lost and Found Keys on this blog before. I admit it, there are times when displacing keys are all my fault.

Even with this underlying frustration about hidden keys, I like keys. I have old keys hanging as decoration on the wall of the Broom Closet, my beloved office space.

There are key words in our everyday sentences that I have wondered about. E.g. where did the name key lime pie come from? Turns out it has nothing to do with keys. The Key lime is a citrus fruit.

And what about a keynote speaker? He or she does note have to carry keys at all, only a well prepared speech which establishes the theme of a meeting.

I love the fact that synonyms to the word key are uplifting and good words like: explanation, clue, solution, cue, pointer, lead. Words like this offer an end to problems, trials, and challenges.

When I married Arnfinn I gave him a card. Inside I had taped the house keys, the garage keys, and a key that had the explanation, "The key to Heidi's heart. May not be duplicated."



I have found some book quotes about keys today. Hope you like them, too.

“Many people believe they have found the key to Heaven's gate, not realizing that there is no key hole. It is a barrier upon which you must knock. And I believe that it is by our small and simple acts of kindness that we find the gate left ajar.” 
― Richelle E. Goodrich

“Creativity is key to productivity and prosperity.” 
― Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha

“They key of persistence opens all doors closed by resistance ” 
― John Di Lemme

“You want me to give her a key?" the guy asked.
"I want you to give her a possibility," she told him, looking at my necklace again. "And that's what a key represents. An open door, a chance. You know?” 
― Sarah DessenLock and Key

“Let the people discover you! You might have the key of the locked doors in their lives! Open yourself to the world; you might be the magic the world needs!” 
― Mehmet Murat ildan

My favorite is this:
"Prayer is the key to day and the lock of night."

Today's art is an oil painting I did many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment