Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

A Snowy Winter

Did you know that even the fiercest winter melts by spring?
We are blessed with the bright and pure whiteness of snow this winter. It's beautiful and serene.

Arnfinn gave a wonderful talk about "Thankfulness" at church yesterday.
Being grateful motivates our lives and brings joy to ourselves and those around us.

So why am I grateful for a snowy winter? Here are some reasons:

  • Clean paws on Hector, the Wheaten Terrier
  • the beauty of the landscape
  • our munchkins' joy about sledding and playing in the white stuff
  • memories of childhood
  • starry nights
  • the light evenings reflected by snowy blankets on the ground on evenings when I walk Hector
  • Arnfinn's childish thrill about cross country skiing


I will however also be grateful when spring, my favorite season, finally arrives.

Today's water color is a wintry scene painted many years ago and a photo of my boys out skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment