We are blessed with the bright and pure whiteness of snow this winter. It's beautiful and serene.
Arnfinn gave a wonderful talk about "Thankfulness" at church yesterday.
Being grateful motivates our lives and brings joy to ourselves and those around us.
So why am I grateful for a snowy winter? Here are some reasons:
- Clean paws on Hector, the Wheaten Terrier
- the beauty of the landscape
- our munchkins' joy about sledding and playing in the white stuff
- memories of childhood
- starry nights
- the light evenings reflected by snowy blankets on the ground on evenings when I walk Hector
- Arnfinn's childish thrill about cross country skiing
I will however also be grateful when spring, my favorite season, finally arrives.
Today's water color is a wintry scene painted many years ago and a photo of my boys out skiing.