Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Early Morning's Cheerful Blues

Morning cheerfulness is not a given talent or trait to everyone. In our family it seems to have as many faces as the people living in or visiting here at the Duck and Cherry.
We have been blessed with a crowded house here lately. People get up at different hours, breakfast is eaten in spurts and groups. That' s OK. Some go to work, some to school, some are here on vacation.

My parents were early risers, breakfast was always ready when I got up. They were cheerful. In fact one of the sayings at home was, "Easy jumps and bird chatter" (in Norwegian: Lette hopp og fuglekvitter). Whatever that means. But it was said in the early morning hours, probably when they saw my sleepy face and slow-motioned body enter the kitchen.

Here are some quotes by famous people about mornings:


  • “Every morning was a cheerful invitation to make my life of equal simplicity, and I may say innocence, with Nature herself.” ― Henry David Thoreau
  • “Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” ― Lemony Snicket, The Blank Book
  • “Morning is wonderful. Its only drawback is that it comes at such an inconvenient time of day.” ― Glen Cook, Sweet Silver Blues
  • Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening. Mahatma Gandhi
  • An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. Henry David Thoreau
  • Each day is a little life: every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death. Arthur Schopenhauer
  • Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night. William Blake
  • Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them. William Arthur Ward
  • Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise. George Washington Carver
  • Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work. Robert Orben
  • I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening. Larry King
  • Good morning is a contradiction of terms. Jim Davis
  • No matter how bad things are, you can at least be happy that you woke up this morning. D. L. Hughley
Todays photo is take at out cabin, Eljarbu. Early, foggy morning in the mountains.
Source sayings: http://sayingimages.com/top-20-good-morning-quotes-sayings/#.VMYDEEeG-T8

No comments:

Post a Comment