Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

I Wanna Be a Bear Today



I have a little bit of a problem today. 
I keep thinking about what it would be like to hibernate, to go to sleep for a few months and wake up on a sun-shiny, bird-chirping, spring day. The reality is I am cold. Outside thermometer shows -13 Celsius (8,6 F). My body is rebelling and not cooperating and I feel sad. 


Threefold threat. 

Appropriately enough I will post this small and deep felt poem found on the net.


I wanna be a bear
If you're a bear, you get to hibernate.
You do nothing  but sleep for six months.
I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate,
you eat yourself stupid.
I could deal with that, too.

If you're a bear, you birth your children 
(who are the size of walnuts) 
while you are sleeping
 and wake up to partially grown, cute cuddly cubs.
I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business.
You swat anyone who bothers your cubs
If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too.
I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate expects you to wake up growling.
He expects you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

I wanna be a bear.

bears%20lounging.jpg (22516 bytes)

No comments:

Post a Comment