Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bookmarks

Bookmarks. I like bookmarks. Is that a little strange?
Me drooling over pretty bookmarks at the store - Linnea says, "Mamma, you don't need another bookmark."
But I do.
I like to have a bookmark that matches the book I read. (That sentence just gave away that I have more than one or two bookmarks.) I love to read and different bookmarks are an added little pleasure when I open the book.

So to have a variety, I make my own. I bought a laminating machine a few years ago. What a fun thing. I laminate many things, including bookmarks.

One day I laminated 80-some bookmarks for a women's convention. Arnfinn shakes his head. He would never have come up with that idea....He is a little worried I might laminate him one day.

I still like to buy a pretty bookmark in a store and love it when I get one as a gift.

This Saturday morning Arnfinn wakes me up to say he's ready to go.
Me, my usual sleepy-confused in the morning, "Where are you going?"
He patient, knowing I actually know, but too tired to register, "I'm off to the car wash to get it ready for polishing today."
Hector jumps on my bed and I know sleepy time is over.

Oh, that's right. Today we polish car.
I get up and Arnfinn has a lovely fire going in the fireplace in the living room. What a sweetheart.

Maybe I can get in a few minutes of reading before he returns from the car wash.

2 comments:

  1. Så mange fine bokmerker du har. Så lurt det var å ha et bokmerke til hver bok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeg synes det er enda morsommere å lese når jeg har et pent bokmeke som matcher boken. Mye rart man har for seg, ikke sant? Men det er viktig å gjøre de små tingene som gjør oss glad.

    ReplyDelete